Monday, October 17, 2011

My very first attempt at sugar paste flowers was NOT a disaster!

I'm really please with my first set (ever) of sugar paste flowers. Granted, they are all cut outs, but for the one, but that really doesn't bother me. I'm still very pleased with the result. I'm especially pleased with the way the pink has come out. I was worried that I was going to end up with horrid neon-pink flowers. The secret to getting just the right amount of colour into the sugar paste (or plastic icing) is by dipping a toothpick into the food colouring and then wiping that onto the piece of icing and then working it in until you get the right colour.

I did get a little fancy with the spices with one of the flowers. I'm hoping that when it's dry it will look beautiful. If not, oh well... back to the drawing board :P

My painted flower :)

Yes, I know, they're pretty much "template" flowers... but hey, I did mix and match the colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment