Monday, October 3, 2011

I love discovering new little shops and one very special little shop has popped up in the town that I live in. It’s called The Book Boutique, and is filled with wonderful little treasures from exquisite books to over-sized meringues. I picked up two books during my visit to the store on Saturday which consisted of The Australian Woman’s Weekly – the 12 days of Christmas recipe book and The Australian Woman’s Weekly – macaroons & biscuits recipe book. Both were R80 each, which by South African standards isn’t a bad price to pay for a decent recipe book.

Of the two my favourite is definitely the biscuit book; however that really is because I’m on a bit of a baking mission at the moment.

The Macaroons & Biscuits book is filled with wonderful recipes like honey jumbles, chocolate chunk and raspberry cookies, peanut praline cookies, melting moments and a wide variety of biscotti. However, the gems of the book are most definitely the macaroons which come in all sorts of flavours including (but not limited to) raspberry, honey almond, caramel pecan and orange almond.

I’m quite excited about my purchases and hopefully will be putting up a “They’re a Success” post in the very near future.

Happy baking all!

No comments:

Post a Comment